The Quick Response Team service model was developed as a solution to a unique challenge presented to us by several of our major clients. They wanted a service provider who could:
- Significantly improve turn-around time on work orders and smaller, short-term projects
- Remove the burden of move/add/change projects from their own personnel
- Simplify job costing and invoicing
- Provide a single point of contact for cost-effective, turnkey operation
- Improve the client’s own in-house operations by reducing downtime and limiting operational interruptions.
With innovation as our mindset, we outlined the business plan, identified the resources and skill sets required, re-structured our staff, and developed a team specifically designed to meet this challenge. As a result, our teams are equipped with the technology, vehicles and tools necessary to begin working immediately when they arrive at a project. The basic guidelines for Quick Response projects are:
- Project Amounts are up to $300,000.00
- Duration is less than 30 days
- Manpower required is two craftspeople per trade
The team has developed a distinctive process that makes this an attractive option to facility managers and building owners:
- Familiarity with building systems – often Addison Smith provides services on buildings where the HVAC, piping and/or plumbing systems were installed by our personnel.
- Our relationships with facility managers and building owners – generally a single project manager or superintendent is assigned to a client to facilitate the process of ongoing projects. The familiarity of operational issues significantly reduces potential problems associated with these short-term projects.
- Our personnel are hand selected – each individual is selected for their specific contribution to the needs of the project. They are familiar with the process of working on short-term projects where time is of the essence. Combined experience of the personnel is an average of 15 years.
- Providing the client with a single source – many of these projects are negotiated with a guaranteed maximum price rather than competitively bid. This process unifies the responsibility for the project to personnel who are familiar with this type of fast-track work reducing the chance of any surprises or miscommunication.
- Cost to the client is reduced – by enabling work to begin immediately mobilization costs are eliminated.
The commitment of our personnel and resources has proven our ability to think “outside the box” and shown a willingness to go the extra mile for our clients. This is another value-added service that separates us from the traditional mechanical contractor.