Most HVAC units may need emergency repairs from time to time. Well-maintained units are less likely to fail during the months of hard use. Keeping a unit up-to-date on all inspections and maintenance checks means less worry that the unit will break down when it is needed the most.
Addison Smith offers, through our “Preferred Comfort Program” Preventative and Predictive maintenance (PPM) programs that are customized to the individual client needs.
Properly developed PPM programs are engineered efforts, which optimize the relationship between equipment ownership and operating cost by balancing the cost of maintenance with cost of equipment failure. PPM includes actions which maximize equipment life cycle and avoid unnecessary failures by substituting a selective programmed effort for “find/fix and repair maintenance.
Predictive maintenance is the complement of preventive maintenance. Through the utilization of various non-interrupting testing and measuring techniques, predictive maintenance determines equipment status before a breakdown occurs.
A properly aligned program will provide benefits such as:
- Proactive cost-containment strategy effective in the ultimate goal of reducing the number and overall repair cost, decreasing energy consumption through on going improvements in system efficiency and maintaining life cycle expectancy.
- In the PPM format the owner can establish priorities of repairs and postpone others based on perhaps need or planned replacement. Point is decision to repair is in the hands of the owner.
- While the owner is relieved of the burden of maintenance the owner is still engaged under the PPM process and plays a part in the decision process of priorities.
Minimizes the likelihood of expensive emergency repair service or premature replacements.
- The PPM contractor is an extension of the maintenance team.
- Reduce unnecessary damage to equipment
- Predicting wear and deterioration by regularly checking, measuring, adjusting and identifying trends.
- Regular inspection to identify small repairs before they become major repairs
- Predictive techniques to identify/replace components just before they fail minimizing nuisance calls and downtime
- Correction of potential failures when inspection indicates the need
- Service rates generally at discounted levels for repairs and replacements and discounts on parts
Preventative and Predictive Maintenance (PPM) has a significant impact on both financial and strategic issues including competition, product quality, and asset life extension. Inefficient operation, continuous (sometimes emergency) maintenance, downtime, major capital repairs, and costs associated with poor or no maintenance generally result in your customers taking their business elsewhere and more often than not right to your competition. Our experienced team of Service Technicians can provide expert service on all your HVAC, Mechanical and Building Automation systems.
Addison Smith offers a number of flexible Preventative and Predictive Maintenance programs with numerous options from Premium Coverage to on Call Service that allow the building owner/manager to implement a definitive PPM service schedule.
This is only the beginning of how your facility can benefit from our “Preferred Comfort Program”. To learn more about how a PPM program can improve your facility, contact one of our Service Representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-832-9006.